Restoring a piece of American Muscle Car History one blog at a time. Part-Time Restorer/Owner/blog

  • Restoring a piece of American Muscle Car History one blog at a time. Part-Time Restorer/Owner/blogger: Gary Penna

Saturday, December 13, 2014

And a little bit closer now....

Expecting completion after Christmas.  Ordered new brakes from SSBC for the front and rear, ditching the old drum brakes.  The theory here is everyone on the planet now has ABS on modern cars so the last thing I want is to have some cat slam on their brakes in front of me and I have to rely on my 50 year old drum brakes to stop.  As well I will be adding 1" lowering springs and doing a UCA drop.   That stands for upper control arm.  The UCAs lower the front end by 1"  The below pictures illustrate this.  The car is sitting extremely high right now,  especially in the back.  The rear shocks may be the culprit,  we'll know later today.  




No comments:

Post a Comment